News of Eric Gauster in hospital

  • barrymasonuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2005
      I've just had this from Eric's partner. He was hit by an unknown car
      last Thursday.

      Phone me/mail me direct if you really need to. I'll update when I can
      and as need be but meanwhile please think very hard before posting
      about the matter.

      We'll have a collection for him at our Southwark Annual Meeting on 12
      October and of course Paypal donations via the homepage of
      www.southwarkcyclists.org.uk will be treated that way too until
      then.

      ***************************************
      Hi Barry this is Jules, Erics partner I just thought You may like to
      know
      the latest on Eric's condition an be able to pass it onto his
      greenwich
      cycling buddies too!

      He is still in intensive care and will be for the rest of the week at
      least
      I would imagine. Yesterday he opened his eyes and we got a few smiles
      from
      him, he is in a lot of pain but "Miss Morphine" is helping him with
      that, I
      have told him that you are all sending your love and that he owes you
      all a
      drink and he smiled, mentally he is all there sense of humour is
      there etc
      and nurses have said they are pleased with his progress considering
      what
      happened to him. He is still classed as critically ill but doing ok
      unable
      to move or speak at all so far just look and the odd smile but
      hopefully he
      will take his time and improve each day. As for his injuries they are
      quite
      extensive but there are no organ problems or brain problems so we've
      got to
      be thankful for that. I will mail you again with any news and feel
      ree to
      mail me or call me.

      Kind Regards

      Jules