Grand Union Canal Ride Sunday 11th September

  • The Black Knight
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2005
      Grand Union Canal Ride From Paddington to Brentford Docks Sunday 11th September

      Hi All

      I've organised a lazy Sunday afternoon 25 mile ride down the Grand Union canal to Brentford Docks with plenty of stops and lunch at the Ace cafe. We shall proceed through west London's industrial corridor which is now in a state of decay affording you a chance to see it before these brown field sites are turned into housing. We shall also be visiting the London 20th century heritage museum in Greenford which is located next to the London Motorcycle Museum. Entry to the musem is £1 or £3 for both.

      This ride is suitable for all however, racing or touring type bikes with thin tyres are not recommended due to the towpath surface after Alperton.

      Assemble 11:30am ON TOP of the Green Bridge, Mile End Park, E3. This is the DEPARTURE time.

      Additional, I've orgainised two other pick up points.

      11:50am The Overdraught Pub on the corner of Haggerston Road and Dunston Road, E8

      12:30pm Paddington Basin - opposite the opposing statues under the flyover. The southern entrance to the basin is in London Street, behind Paddington Station, between the hospital and parcel depot.

      Other pick up points can be arranged, please phone me.

      Due to increased congestion and bad behaviour by some cyclists we will not be using the Regents Canal, instead we shall ride to Paddington using mostly quiet roads.

      The ride will end at Kew Gardens, from there you can return with the District Line or the North London Line or ride back. En route there are plenty of train or tube stations so you can drop out at anytime.

      Please call or email me if you require more information. Looking forward to a pleasant day.

      Regards

      Keith - Tower Hamlets Wheelers
      07944 177343

      Halloween Humour: What would you call a nervous witch?

      postmaster.co.uk
      http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=143