Re: [greenwichcyclists] Greenwich Thames Path Issues

  • ray
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 10 2:52 AM
      The blocking of the path at Mast Pond has been a major
      problem. There are a number of cyclists who use the
      ferry/tunnel at Woolwich. Without the footpath we are forced
      into that rather horrible and dangerous roundabout and then
      travel along the road west. The road is narrow and busy. It
      is hard for cyclists to get any speed up to match traffic at
      this point as it is a slight climb up from the ferry into
      the roundabout, a slight drop and then a climb again heading
      west. You are between the retaining wall and the traffic.
      Coming the other way the road is still narrow and it is
      raised into a hump near the curb just as you are coming down
      the hill. This section is the worst part of my ride Woolwich
      - Greenwich/Tower Bridge - Stratford. My patience has grown
      thin.

      It is time we took this on. As I am affected by this on my
      ride. I am willing to work with someone on this. Who would
      be interested??

    • F.Renton
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11 6:41 AM
        On Sun, 10 Apr 2005, ray wrote:

        > The blocking of the path at Mast Pond has been a major
        > problem. There are a number of cyclists who use the
        > ferry/tunnel at Woolwich. Without the footpath we are forced
        > into that rather horrible and dangerous roundabout and then
        > travel along the road west. The road is narrow and busy. It
        > is hard for cyclists to get any speed up to match traffic at
        > this point as it is a slight climb up from the ferry into
        > the roundabout, a slight drop and then a climb again heading
        > west. You are between the retaining wall and the traffic.
        > Coming the other way the road is still narrow and it is
        > raised into a hump near the curb just as you are coming down
        > the hill.

        I am not quite sure where you mean, do you mean just after where the buses
        pull in at the stop after the traffic lights?