Radio: "Bike Show"

  • jack green
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      Dear all,
                  a little known London radio station has a weekly programme called 'the bike show'.  I heard the last one and it was pretty good.  I think this is the only regular radio show devoted to cycling and related issues.

      Bike show blurb:  "A weekly show delving into the art, science, politics and transcendental pleasure of cycling, in London and beyond. From the Tour de France to Critical Mass, from cycle commuting to Kraftwerk, if it's got wheels, pedals, handlebars and a bell, it's here."

      Resonance FM (104.4 FM), Mondays 1.30-2pm

      If you can't find it on the analogue check it out on digital or through broadband at

      I'm told by the presenter that an audio archive will be set up in the near future so that any recent programmes missed can be later accessed through the website.

      Cheers,
      Jack

      P.S. please pass on to any other London e-lists you may be linked up with.

    • Doug
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
        Very interesting. Today's program started off with recollections of people's
        first bike as a child, then went on with two people on a ride around Central
        London and ended with them discussing the psychological benefits of repetitive
        exercise such as cycling. Quite deep with short, eclectic musical intervals.
        One of the songs was anti-car. Shall definitely listen again.

        Doug.

        >Dear all,
        > a little known London radio station has a weekly programme called
        >'the bike show'. I heard the last one and it was pretty good. I think
        this
        >is the only regular radio show devoted to cycling and related issues.
        >
        >Bike show blurb: "A weekly show delving into the art, science, politics
        >and transcendental pleasure of cycling, in London and beyond. From the Tour
        >de France to Critical Mass, from cycle commuting to Kraftwerk, if it's got
        >wheels, pedals, handlebars and a bell, it's here."
        >
        >Resonance FM (104.4 FM), Mondays 1.30-2pm
        >
        >If you can't find it on the analogue check it out on digital or through
        broadband
        >at
        >
        >http://www.resonancefm.com/audio.htm
        >
        >I'm told by the presenter that an audio archive will be set up in the near
        >future so that any recent programmes missed can be later accessed through
        >the website.
        >
        >Cheers,
        >Jack
        >
        >P.S. please pass on to any other London e-lists you may be linked up with.

        Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
        Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
        Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/