RE: [greenwichcyclists] Assault by bus driver 24th November

  • Meadows Kim CO Food & Agriculture Sector
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004

      Dreadful story.  I recently complained to a London bus company about some bad driving and got a positive response from them to say that the driver concerned had been spoken to and her driving would be monitored by a plain clothed inspector.  The frightening thing about some of the bad driving is that it’s done quite deliberately with no regard to whether the driver knocks the cyclist off or not.  I had a bus pass me with an inch to spare down Theobalds Road in Holborn recently and he’d been driving behind me in the bus lane at the time so was aware I was there etc and as soon as I’d pulled in after overtaking a stationary taxi he passed – he must have “judged/timed” the overtake to get that close (it would have only taken a pothole or manhole to put me in the path of the maniac bus driver who would no doubt have said I swerved in front of him).  Other consistent bus offenders are those pulling out of  Victoria station – almost daily dangerous manoeuvres.  My theory regarding the universal hatred of cyclists and all things cycling prevails.