Mounting video camera on bike?

  • M Carlock
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2004
      I am interested in mounting my digital video camera on
      my bike (preferably forward facing.)

      Has anyone in the group done this, and if so, have you
      any advice on best practice (vibration management etc)
      ?

      ... or even where to obtain a suitable clamp, with
      which my local camera shop was unable to help (beyond
      glassy stares) ?

      Perhaps a 90° scaffold clamp from B&Q, into which I
      could insert the top of my existing camera tripod...

      ---

      PS Any chance of posting Barry's (and some other
      folks') musings on the website?

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2004
        I have seen a cyclist with a small video camera taped very securely onto the
        top of his helmet. That presumably has the advantage of filming where you're
        looking and less vibration than if mounted on the handlebars or wherever.

        Not pretty though.

        > I am interested in mounting my digital video camera on
        > my bike (preferably forward facing.)
        >
        > Has anyone in the group done this, and if so, have you
        > any advice on best practice (vibration management etc)
        > ?
        >
        > ... or even where to obtain a suitable clamp, with
        > which my local camera shop was unable to help (beyond
        > glassy stares) ?
        >
        > Perhaps a 90° scaffold clamp from B&Q, into which I
        > could insert the top of my existing camera tripod...
        >
        > ---

      • bin man
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2004
          --- In greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com, M Carlock
          <deputycleric@y...> wrote:
          > I am interested in mounting my digital video camera on
          > my bike (preferably forward facing.)

          http://www.digave.com/videos/how.htm

          also has examples of what he shot.

          best wishes