How far will you go this Bank Holiday?

  • John
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      John O'Groats - Lands End Endurance Bike Ride in Aid of 3
      Charities: 28th - 30th May 2004

      12 cyclists from all over the UK have accepted the challenge to form
      two teams of six and ride in relay 900 miles from John O'Groats to
      Lands End - inside three days. Targeting the diseases of Cancer and
      Leukaemia, three charities will benefit: Anthony Nolan Trust, CLIC,
      and the Paul Bevan Hospice. The riders aim to raise at least
      £10,000 for these charities.

      The Challenge

      Starting at 4 a.m. on 28th May, each pair of riders will be on the
      road for 1½ hours before handing over to the next pair. Cycling all
      day and all night will mean that sleep will have to be taken in
      snatches, but the effort can be concentrated into three days. All
      going well, the teams expect to arrive at Lands End around tea time on
      Sunday 30th May. Ably supported by minibus transport and a continual
      supply of high energy drinks and food, we are hoping that the weather
      is kind and the wind stays with us rather than against us.

      Please visit the web site www.rideforcharity.co.uk for more details,
      check our progress during the ride, and donate what you can.

      Thank you for your support.