Re: [greenwichcyclists] Congratulations re Mayors ride 2001

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2001
      Thanks for this..and thanks to all who turned out at 9am and made the
      signing and stewarding so easy......I was in a real tizz right up till the
      off.

      The figure of 350 is as agreed with the police and Greenwich Council. No
      hype.

      Fanny did a great job handing Pedeal Power 10 to all concerned.......Roger
      took over the job of getting contact details from most riders.....and I'll
      get all the entry forms in a day or so.

      Only problem I know about.....the 13 year old on a motorbike who zapped
      round a bend near Tripcock Ness on the rural bit of the Thames path and ran
      straight into a 10yo on the ride wrecked the latter's bike....both wheels
      folded in half but, miracle, the kid wasn't hurt. The kid who got hit was
      with his parents and seemed fine afterwards. Shocked, day ruined. The brat
      motorbiker must have seen at least 100 bikes go by before that. Karen Dawes,
      the biked PC in uniform, got the offender but only, I think, ticked him off.
      Sgt Andy Cotton of Woolwich Police was at three planning meetings with the
      Mayor and me etc and was asked by me at least once to be on guard for these
      illegal motorbikes. And on the way back to Greenwich 4 of us saw a bunch of
      about 6 adults on motorbikes zooming about off road. I'll take this up with
      Greenwich Police and Road Safety etc etc later today.

      Time for work.

      Thanks to all again. And to the weather.