Somebody's given me a compute virus - pl check your computers
- Hi everyone,
Somebody has e-mailed me and passed a virus through their address book. My
address book was infected. Since your e-mail address is in my address book,
you will probably find it in your computer, too. The virus (called jdbg.exe)
it is not detected by Norton or McAfee Antivirus Systems. The virus sits
quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by
messenger' and by address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your
Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. It only takes a
1. Go to Start, and then click your "Find" or "Search" option
2. In the folder option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C Drive and all the sub folders and any other
drives you may have
4. Click "Find Now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT!
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "Select All" to highlight the
file without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select Delete. It will then go to
the recycle bin. If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in
your Address Book so that they may eradicate the virus from their own
To do this:
1. Open a new e-mail message
2. Highlight all the names in your address book and add to "BCC"
4. Copy this message and paste into the e-mail. Sorry if it got passed to
020 8769 4661 / 07929 722 973