Yes....there is a cycling tour this Sunday, 25th March

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2001
      Lighter evenings, wonderful. Here comes the sun. There is a ride this Sunday...if you don't have our 6 March version of the 2001 rides list, email me direct and I'll forward it.

      Sunday 25 March: Barbara's ride was going to get the train to Bishop's Stortford and then do the 30 miles back to London along the canalside. She phoned me last night though to say that all the recent rain has made it a mudp/bath and not much fun. And some of the local runs are closed because of f&m. So she'll meet everyone in the same place and do the dry canal side from Angel to Limehouse and the Isle of Dogs etc. Meet 10am Sunday 25 March under the huge indicator board at Liverpool Street station and ride from there. About 15 miles or so. Slow, flat. I'll be at Cutty Sark Gardens at 9am and leaving for Liverpool Street soon after....(We may even divert to Trinity Buoy Wharf and their new container studios. Must see).

      Wednesday 4 April: monthly meeting. 7.30pm. 177 Trafalgar Road. Greenwich Forum.

      Sunday 7 April: 10am London Bridge mainline station by Smiths for the lovely Dungeness ride. Train to Ashford then the 50 flattest miles imaginable round the lovely haunting Romney Marshes. St Mary in the Marsh, Derek Jarmans Prospect Cottage, the vast shingle beach, the layers of fossilized beaches best seen from up the old lighthouse, great pub lunch, and a nuclear power station for that after-swim glow. (Bring your swimmie for St Mary's Bay). Clear of foot and mouth today but watch this space. (Please mail me direct if you know where Derek Jarman is buried on the marsh, we'll detour).

      Thursday 12 April: our first birthday event. Venue to be agreed on 4 April.

      Sunday 29 April: Mayor's charity ride. Massive. Huge chance to get more Greenwich cyclists. Please be there. We need some stationery stewards too for bits like the Woolwich ferry, so volunteer friends and let me know how to pressgang them.

      Bad news: we didn't get the Age Concern grant we applied for. (Whew. The years drop away).