Re: [greenwichcyclists] Start of 6 month trial to stop rat-running traffic in Greenwich

  • outtakes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2000

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Christopher Le Breton <lebreton@...>
      To: greenwichcyclists@egroups.com <greenwichcyclists@egroups.com>; 'Urbancyclist' <urbancyclist-uk@...>
      Date: 31 May 2000 13:55
      Subject: [greenwichcyclists]Re: Start of 6 month trial to stop rat-running traffic in Greenwich

      Chris ,
      Thanks for your email which I found fascinating .
      Since I started going to the Greenwich Cyclists I have been wondering how we can reduce the speed and amount of traffic that rat runs down our road St John's Park . As you probably know cars use the eastern section (running from the church to the motorway) as a rat run to avoid  the roundabout round the green and congestion round the shops at the Blackheath Standard . Because the street is so broad the cars reach in excess of 50 mph often at night waking the residents , all on a road which is on the London Cycle Network !
      In your experience what is the best way to start the process so we can change the status quo?

      Thanks

      Duncan Brown