Bike for fostered child - request from Greenwich Cyclists

  • Greg Englefield
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2001
      Please can you get in touch if you have or know of someone who has a
      bike that could be used by a 4 year old boy - ideally with stablisers.

      We have had a request from people fostering a small boy in Greenwich who
      has had a very rough first four years of life. He came with very little
      apart from a violent past but would love to cycle. So long as it is
      safe we are not concerned about its appearance. Any help much
      appreciated.

      Please feel free to forward this request to friends who might be able to
      help. Please contact Greg on:

      englefield@...

      Thanks for all help. I am sending this out on various e-lists so I
      apologise if you receive this message more than once.

      Greg Englefield
      Greenwich Cyclists
    • roger stocker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2001
        Can't help with the bike but...local council tips are
        great places for this sort of bike... People chuck
        away all sorts of stuff. Don't bother with stablisers,
        drop the saddle down/take off the pedals and let them
        scoot, slight slope helps. They will soon learn to
        balance...stablisers can give a false sense of
        security.

        IMHO..

        Roger
        --- Greg Englefield