Re: [greenwichcyclists] Pedal Power

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 30, 2002
      Hi Kate,

      Please mention that GC rides are now listed for WAP phone users on:
      http://tagtag.com/gcycle

      Thanks

      Doug.

      >Hi all - if anyone's got anything for the next edition of Pedal power, could
      >you let me have it by Tue 5th November please?
      >
      >If you've got an idea, but don't want to ewrite anything. just let me know,
      >give me the facts and I'll try to put something together. It's your
      >newsletter - let me know what you want in it!!
      >
      >Thanks
      >Kate
    • Kate Lees
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 6, 2003
        Hi please find March edition of Pedal Power attached. Photocopy lots and
        distribute widely! Particularly to anyone who may be interested in the
        absolute beginners classes on Saturday!

        Deadline for the next Pedal Power is Wed 26th March - please let me have
        your news, let's make April's a packed edition!
        Thanks
        Kate

        http://messenger.msn.co.uk
      • Nick Williams
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 6, 2003

          I'll run some off and drop them down to the Womens Centre on my way home from work.

          Nick

          >From: "Kate Lees"
          >To: greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [greenwichcyclists] Pedal Power
          >Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:11:39 +0000
          >
          >Hi please find March edition of Pedal Power attached. Photocopy lots and
          >distribute widely! Particularly to anyone who may be interested in the
          >absolute beginners classes on Saturday!
          >
          >Deadline for the next Pedal Power is Wed 26th March - please let me have
          >your news, let's make April's a packed edition!
          >Thanks
          >Kate

          >Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends
          >http://messenger.msn.co.uk
          ><< PP24.2.doc >>

          Express yourself with cool emoticons. Get MSN Messenger today.
        • Kate Lees
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 30, 2003
            Hi all
            Please fing the April edition of Pedal Power attached in 2 formats. Let me
            know what you think of the new style. Have had some problems with the
            format when e-mailing it, so I hope it comes out OK for everyone. Any
            comments on improving etc very welcome - please let me know by e-mail or at
            the meeting on Wed.

            Also if anyone wants to submit an article, please do - or ideas for articles
            very welcome.

            Doug, could you put on the website please?
            Thanks
            Kate

            Surf together with new Shared Browsing
            http://join.msn.com/?page=features/browse&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=74&DI=1059
          • Kate Lees
            Message 5 of 16 , May 11, 2003
              Hi all - please find the May edition of PP attached. Deadline for the next
              edition is May 29th, so I look forward to recieving all your news, views and
              comments!

              Doug - please could you put on the website?
              Thanks
              Kate

              Express yourself with cool emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
            • Millbrook Pete (KCP)
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 10, 2003
                Before acting on this e-mail or opening any attachment you are advised to
                read Metronet Rail SSL Limited's disclaimer at the end of this e-mail.

                Apologies for the poor resolution of the logo. The area of the server where
                I had Pedal Power stored is currently down and I didn't save a copy to disk.
                Silly me. I know for next time to have a backup, so I scanned a copy that I
                had printed before. The text is fortunately perfectly readable.

                Please note the email address has now changed for articles, pictures etc for
                Pedal Power to: cycleyoursay@...

                I look forward to receiving any comments, stories and photos etc for the
                July edition.

                <<Pedal Power.pdf>>

                This e-mail and any files or other attachments transmitted with it are
                intended for the above named addressee only and may be confidential.
                They may also be legally privileged. They may be read, copied and
                used only by the intended recipient.

                If you have received this e-mail in error (a) you must take no action
                based on it, (b) you must not show, copy or forward it to anyone,
                (c) you should reply to this e-mail and highlight the error, and
                (d) you should delete this e-mail at once.

                The contents of this e-mail do not necessarily represent the views or
                policies of Metronet Rail SSL Limited and we will not be liable for
                the content of this e-mail or of any files or other attachments transmitted
                with it, nor for any errors or omissions therein.

                Internet communications (including e-mail transmissions) are not
                always secure and we advise that you take this lack of security fully
                into account when e-mailing us.

                Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any
                attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with
                good computing practice you should ensure that they are
                actually virus free.

                Metronet Rail SSL Limited may monitor all e-mail communications
                through its internal and external networks.

                Metronet Rail SSL Limited
                Registered Office: 30 The South Colonnade, London. E14 5EU
              • bin man
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 11, 2003
                  --- In greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com, "Millbrook Pete (KCP)"
                  <Pete.Millbrook@m...> wrote:

                  > Apologies for the poor resolution of the logo.

                  The logo was originally (I think) a word autoshape with TNR text and
                  the bike was a webding.

                  I have created two copies of the logo as graphics (GIF and PNG) and
                  pposted them on
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greenwichcyclists/files/Pedal%20Power/
                  in case this helps anyone

                  best wishes
                  james
                • Millbrook Pete (KCP)
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 9, 2003
                    Before acting on this e-mail or opening any attachment you are advised to
                    read Metronet Rail SSL Limited's disclaimer at the end of this e-mail.

                    Due to a delay (and the fact my bike is temporally off the road at the
                    moment, there will not be a Pedal Power handing out session tomorrow
                    morning.

                    <<PP28.3.1.doc>>

[...]

                  • Julian Dobson
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 23, 2004
                      Submissions please! The deadline was last week, and I ain't received much.

                      Julian Dobson
                    • John Hearns
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 8, 2004
                        What a lovely morning.
                        Left the house at 6:45, cycled alongside a squirrel scampering along
                        fences in Surrey Quays. On the way home saw a fox in broad daylight.

                        Around eight of us distributed Pedal Power at Creek Bridge and
                        the Greenwich foot tunnel. Many, many newsletters
                        distributed. Fantastic. Hope we get lots of people coming to
                        the Bike Week rides.

                        I took the opportunity to climb up to the Observatorym, where there
                        was a media circus of outside broadcast vans and satellite dishes.
                        Adam Hart Davies was on camera, but I didn't see the Brompton anywhere.
                        Got a look at the transit through one of the telescopes set up in the
                        Observatory forecourt.
                      • Stephen & Linda Craven
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 16, 2006
                          Attached is the January/February edition of Pedal Power -sorry for it
                          appearing rather late in the month. The next one will be out by the
                          beginning of March.

                          Stephen
                        • Grant Griffiths
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 29, 2008
                            Good Morning All,

                            I will be distributing copies of Pedal Power at the Woolwich Ferry on Monday morning. Can anyone help with this as it would also be good to catch cyclists using the foot tunnel?

                            If you want to help out please let me know.

                            Regards

                            Grant
                          • Liz Delap
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 29, 2008
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 16, 2010

                                I will stand and deliver the remaining 200-odd Pedal Powers at Creek Road bridge starting 0700 on Thursday. Any help appreciated. We received many thanks for our campaign to keep the foot tunnel open at peak hours during refurbishment.

                                Cycling by numbers at the Foot tunnel this morning were:

                                0700-0730 71

                                0730-0800 98

                                0800-0830 141

                                0830-0900 104

                                0700-0900 Southbound 65

                                Creek Road

                                7.00-7.30   41 (by a different counter)

                                7.30-08.00 no count

                                After 8am - roughly 15 min intervals

                                8.12-8.30   58 - extrapolating, say 100 between 08.00-08.30

                                8.30-8.45   41}

                                8.45-9.00   31} total of 72 between 08.30-09.00