Wednesday meeting/more

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2002
      Here's the agenda for Wednesday:do try and make the monthly meeting. 7.30pm, 177 Trafalgar Road. Our very tasty Saturday 14 December tickets will be on sale for the first time. So be there to make sure you get a few. First come, first ceilidh.

      1. Introductions
      2. Note of September meeting
      3. Greenwich Environmental Management Services
      4. Greenwich Cycling Strategy
      5. European Car Free Day 2002, and 2003
      6. The Thames Path and Sustrans
      7. Department of Transport Grant Application
      8. Planning Issues
      9. Maintenance classes
      10. Rides
      11. Ceilidh - Saturday 14 December
      12. Anything else?
      13. 9pm: Pub opposite

      And what a biked weekend that was. Friday night's Critical Mass, about 300 bikes. Saturday's Bike Show, 18 of us rode to Islington on almost no roads at all ....Isle of Dogs then the canal all the way there. (The new Condor tourers were to die for). Sunday and Roger's 60 miles canal jaunt. Very fine. And straight to Peter's birthday drink at Rotherhithe's Mayflower. And Monday slimed around much too quickly.

      Don't forget the Easygoing ride this Saturday. 10am Cutty Sark to Surrey Docks Farm

      This Sunday's Ride of the Falling Leaves is a hilly 70 or 110k challenge. It's hard. Go on. Push it. Meet 8am Cutty Sark Gardens for ride to Herne Hill velodrome start. Or there are two other rides that day.....

      Can anyone please take people from CSG to Lewisham station on 12 October? I really want to ride to Gravesend and meet people off the train there for the Hoo ride....

      Whitstable etc weekend 26/7 October: I'll try and mail some b&b numbers tomorrow.

      See some of you at Julian's maintenance class tomorrow, Tuesday.

    • Isobel Stoddart
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002

        I can't make the meeting on weds night - would like to be there to discuss the bends! I don't have any records in teh office of detailed plans of the riverside route but I think it is best to start from scratch and talk to Martin Carter about the state of the route now - there are several planning applications that have come in that will include cycle routes including anchor iron wharf .

        Perhaps after your meeting on weds we could arrange a meeting with Greenwich to move this forward.

        thanks
        Isobel Stoddart
        London Manager
        70-75 Cowcross Street
        London EC1M 6EJ
        T: 0207 336 8203
        F: 0207 336 8204
        M: 07968 621386

        Sustrans - it stands for sustainable transport - is a charity that
        works on practical projects to encourage people to walk, cycle and
        use public transport in order to reduce motor traffic and its adverse
        effects.

        Sustrans (Head Office), 35 King Street, Bristol UK. BS1 4DZ
        Registered Charity No 326550
        www.sustrans.org.uk