RE: [greenwichcyclists] Fw: Fw: Barratt Homes Thamesmead

  • Roger Stocker
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
      And will be open in a few years time? Just like the Thames path just to the
      east of Deptford Creek that was part of the planning permission...still not
      opened MONTHS and MONTHS after the first batch of housing was occupied.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
        Roger/David

        I'd already mentioned this closed footpath to Dave, I think, and asked why
        the route thro couldn't be maintained.

        It's the only river access for several hundred metres and closing it off for
        a couple of years is easy, arbitrary, unnecessary and typical.

        No one asked us for our views.

        Please ask Barratt's to reopen the way through. All their marketting
        stresses how much they care about the local environment and river access.
        Let's see if their work on site is as canny as their ad-writing.

        And right next door to is the new DLR intervention shaft. Let's please
        ensure that the Arsenal path/bike route stays open throughout those works.

        Barry
        who needed a blast at 5pm tonight so left Woolwich and went home via the
        ferry, Limehouse Link (naughty), Tower Bridge and Jamaica Road and pushed
        it.
        distance: 9.43 miles
        time: 35.02 minutes
        average speed: 16.1mph
        maximum speed: 29.5mph
        and now for Sunshine State, I hope

        > I think this probably refers to the 'temporary path' from Pier way to the
        > riverside, which is now closed whilst building work takes place. A
        > replacement route is due to be incorporated in the Barratts development.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Roger Warhurst
        >
        > Isobel Stoddart wrote:
        >
        > > Dear Simon
        > >
        > > Do you know about this - see below? Is it temporary?
        > >
        > > Thanks Isobel Stoddart (Sustrans)

      • Isobel Stoddart
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002