Gravesend ride

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2000
      Yesterday's Dartford ride was so good I've just got to do another similar....soon.

      Estuary English: 10.30am Saturday 10 June: London Bridge concourse, 11.15am Cutty Sark Gardens....then its Thamesmead, Erith, Dartford, Gravesend and over the ferry (the easternmost Thames crossing) and back along the north bank. A flat round trip of 50 miles with some big A roads chucked in. Good chance to see Tilbury Fort...I never have......and lots of containers. The ferry doesn't run on Sundays (it runs on diesel. Sorry Sarah).

      Shipwright's Palace: in Deptford...open at last but only Saturdays.....some of us are talking to shops etc in The Cut on Saturday next 27 May about Carfree Day.....a short 4 miles there....leaving Bar Citrus in The Cut at, wot, 12.30pm....Quick stop at Tate en route to pay homage to the Southwark Cyclists logo.