Re: [greenwichcyclists] Rangers along Thames Cycle Path

  • JohnThorns
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2002
      We could do with rangers the motorcross bikes
      around the thamesmead stretch make the route
      unusable for people at weekends, particulary if
      you have children
    • Roger Stocker
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2002
        FYI

        The police Sector Inspector for the Thamesmead stretch of the Thames
        path is Inspector John Salisbury-Jones on 020 8284 9616. The Sergeant
        there is Ian Burgess on that number. Phone that number every time you
        see a motorbike there. The police don't have email. (!).

        Illegal motorbike use is an increasing problem throughout Greenwich. On
        May 18 the police will start regular patrols of the area on new track
        motorbikes paid for by Greenwich Council as a direct result of pressure
        from, amongst others, Greenwich Cyclists. Those bikes were used on the
        day of the Mayor's Bike Ride.

        And it's not just Greenwich, last weekend Barry phoned the police on
        seeing a kid on a big motorbike doing skid turns on the grass at Island
        Gardens, the scars are still there. The kid - and his mum - scarpered as
        soon as B told them who he was phoning (whatever would he do without the
        new phone)

        Roger