Re: [greenwichcyclists] Thames Cycle path

  • Isobel Stoddart
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2000
      Dear Liz

      Thank you for your comments. You may have seen some of the previous
      correspondence about the opening of Woolwich Arsenal (the section
      immediately east of the Waterfront). We are working hard, with Greenwich
      Cyclists, the council and the Development Agency to get this section opened
      as soon as possible - some outstanding issues re. construction of some
      buildings and new pier at western end of site.

      The signing for the Thames Cycle Route has not yet been installed by
      Greenwich Council. My understanding is that the route will be signed within
      the next two months. The signs that you followed (red stickers) are a very
      interim, stop gap measure until the proper signing is installed.

      The old Cubow site (Mast Pond Wharf?) immediately to the west of the
      Woolwich Ferry is due for redevelopment. In the long term the site will
      incorporate a riverside walk/cycle way with bridges over the two drawdocks
      on the site. We are currently talking to the developer, architect about
      introducing an interim site. We had a site visit early last week and
      Greenwich Council are preparing a cost/design for the interim route.

      Hope this answers your questions.

      Thanks

      Isobel Stoddart

      cc. Katie Dickson - for your information.