50th birthday drink invitation

  • Francis Sedgemore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2014
      Friends, fiends, countrymen and furriners,

      Apologies in advance for the London-centric and cross-posted nature of this mass missive.

      Tuesday 15 July will be my 50th birthday, and to celebrate my first half century on this beautiful but benighted planet, I would like to gather some esteemed acquaintances in London for an evening drink or several. The location would be either Blackheath, if the weather is fine and the ground dry, or Greenwich, should it rain on this St Swithun's Day parade.

      If you are up for it, please let me know by email, phone or text message, and I will update you with details nearer the time. It may from my description sound like a secret and illegal rave, but, rest assured, I am too old and decrepit for that sort of thing. And so too, most likely, are you!

      Hope to see you on Tuesday.

      Love & hugs,
      Francis

      —