Let's say yes to Play Streets

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2014

    From: Carryck Wise [mailto:Carryck.Wise@...]
    Sent: 07 July 2014 17:06
    To: Undisclosed recipients:
    Subject: Royal Borough of Greenwich - Play Streets Proposal - Consultation

    Royal Borough of Greenwich - Consultation on Play Streets Proposal

    Our Ref:  1000001794

    Dear Sir/Madam

    On behalf of the Council of the Royal Borough of Greenwich, and in accordance with the usual consultation procedures on traffic and parking schemes, I wish to draw your attention to the Council’s intention to implement the above proposals.

    I attach, for your information, a copy of the public Notice of Proposals and draft Traffic Order.

    Please could you send any comments or observations in writing, specifying the grounds on which any objection (where relevant) is made, to me at the postal address below or my email address quoting the reference stated above, to arrive by 29th July 2014.

    If you have any enquiries or wish to discuss the proposals, please do not hesitate to contact me on the direct line telephone number below. Alternatively, you may contact the engineer concerned, who is Mr Darren Little of the Royal Borough of Greenwich, on telephone number 020 8921 6024.

    Kind Regards,

    Carryck Wise

    Parking/GIS Technician

    t:+44 (0)20 7430 6908

    f: +44 (0) 844 870 1401

    m:+44 (0)7903 035 705

    Project Centre

    Level 4 Westgate House

    Westgate

    London W5 1YY

    cid:image002.jpg@01CBD82A.113EB760

    www.projectcentre.co.uk

    esig test-01-01

    Follow ProjectCentreUK on TwitterView Project Centre's profile on LinkedIn

    PROJECT  CENTRE  LTD.  DISCLAIMER

    This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, are intended for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged material and confidential information that is exempt from disclosure by law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited and you must not read, use or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the Sender by telephone
    0844 870 7070
    and permanently delete the original and all copies of this e-mail and destroy any print-out hereto.

    Project Centre Limited registered office -
    4th Floor, Westgate House, Westgate, London W5 1YY.
    Registered in England and Wales.
    Registered Number - 2625312.

  • Stephen Craven
    Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2014

      I didn’t recognise these two names – Eversley Road and Trenchard Street – although it turns out the former is only a few streets from home!   The proposal seems to be to restrict traffic (except for access by residents) for just a few hours on two Sundays a month.  There is nothing in the proposals to explain how a “play street” is different from “no through traffic except for access”.    Why not simply make them into “roads with no through motor traffic” with bollards at one end, the whole time?  They are both short but two-ended side streets which would seem to be ideal for that treatment.

      Stephen

      [Attachment(s) from Anthony Austin included below]