Re: ditch alley

  • David Moorhouse
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2000
      Caron

      Ditch Alley is closed for about 6 months for develpment works, (a few
      weeks ago it was closed for a new cable scheme). Thats the bad news.
      The good news is that through negotiation, we have managed to get some
      additional land from the developer at the eastern side to widen the alley
      to 4 metres and the lighting is being replaced/improved. This will make
      is far better for a cyclists sharing with pedestrians. Also, the alley
      will then be overlooked from the windows of the new development,
      improving safety,

      The overhanging trees are being looked at today by the highways
      inspector. I am sure he will take the appropriate action. Thanks for
      the information.

      Dave

      Caron Jones wrote:

      > Hi again
      >
      > When do you expect this to (re)open? I understand why it closed as it
      > was getting a bit dangerous.
      >
      > Also, the trees in the garden of 49 Blackheath Road are overhanging
      > the pavement so much that they are blocking the cycle path. Who
      > should I report this to?
      >
      > Other than that all is well on your lovely cycle paths.

      > Caron Jones
      > Public Relations Unit Manager
      > University of Greenwich
      > 020-8331 8248

      This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient
      and it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
      have received it in error, please notify us immediately and delete
      the e-mail. You must not rely on or copy, disclose, distribute,
      use or process it (other than by deletion) in any way whatsoever.

      Greenwich Council
      Telephone 020 8854 8888 (switchboard)

      If you have any problems please contact the sender of the e-mail
      via the Council switchboard number (given above).

    • paul.mcquillen@bt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2000
        Dave,

        Thanks the info and yes - I'm still here!
        I responded to the outline planning application in 1997.
        Sorry about the attachment if you can't/don't want to receive these.
        I do use the latest virus guards.

        <<GCPA10-98.doc>>
        Regards,
        Paul

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2000
          Hi Paul

          Thanks for your support. We got the additional width in the end.

          Dave Moorhouse

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28, 2001
            To all,
            I know this might be old news but Ditch Alley is now fully open.
            This links John Penn St to Blackheath Rd (which can be crossed via a
            pelican).
            It now needs a dropped kerb at John Penn St. Any idea Dave if that work has
            been scheduled?
            Regards,
            Paul