Ride report: Get your kicks on Route 66, Sunday 29 September 2013

  • Francis Sedgemore
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
      Twenty-one cyclists of all ages, genders, sexual orientations and body mass indices assembled in Cutty Sark Gardens on Sunday morning for a leisurely pootle along the Thames Path to Thamesmead. Great British diversity at its best.

      The ride was most enjoyable, and I didn't lose anyone.

      We even had a police escort for part of the way, between Thamesmead West and Morrison's supermarket. The two officers had seen my ride announcement on the interwebs, and decided to provide support. It was either us or a car-boot sale, apparently, and everyone was very well behaved, unsurprisingly.

      journalist, writer and physicist
      telephone: +44 7840 191336
      website: sedgemore.com

    • John Phillips