River Path Ride to the Thames Barrier - Sunday 6 October

  • Sarah Ellis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2013
      Cutty Sark Gardens, 10.00 am - Join Greenwich Cyclists on a short, flat and easy ride to the Thames Barrier checking out the river path on the way; seeing which sections are open, blocked, closed, in need of better signing.  We'll have a short tea/wee stop in the cafe at the Barrier before returning to Cutty Sark Gardens.  Will be short and sweet for those people who have other responsibilities at the weekend.  Suitable for all bikes and paced for all.  Sarah 07900 677706.  No texts please, its good to talk.
    • Ivan Cornell
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2013

        Note that this is the date of the annual test closure of the Thames Barrier:
        http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/38359.aspx
        Pending other commitments, I'm tempted to come along to see this.

        Ivan

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2013
          Cutty Sark Gardens, 10.00 am - Join Greenwich Cyclists on a short, flat and easy ride to the Thames Barrier checking out the river path on the way; seeing which sections are open, blocked, closed, in need of better signing.  We'll have a short tea/wee stop in the cafe at the Barrier before returning to Cutty Sark Gardens.  A short ride for those people who have other responsibilities at the weekend.  Suitable for all bikes and paced for all.  Sarah 07900 677706.  No texts please, its good to talk.