FRIDAY POST: 26 September | Latest news from LCC | Please share with your group members

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2013

      From: lccbc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lccbc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Amy Summers
      Sent: 27 September 2013 13:54
      To: barkinganddagenham; barnet; bexley; brent; bromley; camden; City; croydon; ealing; enfield; greenwich; hackney; hammersmithandfulham; haringey; harrow; havering; hillingdon; hounslow; islington; John Ackers; kensingtonandchelsea; kingston; lambeth; lcc-issues@yahoogroups.com; LCCBC; lcc-cams@yahoogroups.com; lewisham; merton; newham; Office Team; Redbridge; richmond; southwark; sutton; towerhamlets; Volunteers; walthamforest; wandsworth; westminster
      Subject: [lccbc] FRIDAY POST: 26 September | Latest news from LCC | Please share with your group members

      Dear Borough Co-ordinators,

      Please find this week’s news and updates below, please do share this email with your group members. As mentioned last week – if other members of your group would like to be added to the Friday Post mailing list, do let me know. At the moment we assume that Coordinators pass this email on to their group members, but I appreciate that this can take a bit of time and may not always be possible to do each week. In which case, if you have a couple of extra members who would like to be added to the list, I am happy to include them. Please send me the name, group and email address of the relevant people.

      Thank you,

      Amy and the London Cycling Campaign Team

      Local Implementation Plans (LIPs) and Cycling funding for 2014/2015  deadline – October 4th

      The boroughs have to submit bids for the LIPs (Local Implementation Plans) funding in 2014 /2015 by October 4th which can include cycling infrastructure measures (the total available London-wide funding is around £80m) the rest is taken up by maintenance, bridges etc. This is also the deadline for bids for funding for ‘soft’ ( i.e. non major infrastructure) cycling to support the Mayor’s cycling Vision (such as parking, schools, training) . We understand councils are likely to have decided on measures by now given the need for committee approval but it may still be possible to influence decisions. You may also be able to ask your council for a copy of the measures they are proposing. The TfL verdict on the bids is due in December.

      An informal conversation with Margaret Cooper, senior executive at Tower Hamlets,  indicates that  they are currently looking at permeability measures and welcome suggestions for streets to tackle.

      NEW MEMBERSHIP OFFER – Free bike lights! Please spread the word and encourage friends to join!

      To encourage new members to join LCC, we are running an offer for a FREE pair of Lezyne Femto Bike Lights to new members. If you’re not already a member, why not consider joining? If you have friends and family who could be tempted to join LCC, please do let them know about the lights offer. Your membership supports our efforts to create better conditions for cycling in London, as well as giving you the following great benefits.

      All the details are here: http://lcc.org.uk/pages/lcc-membership-offer

      For just £36, you will receive full LCC membership, free *bike lights*, as well as our spectacular member benefits which include;

      •FREE third-party insurance £5 million cover in case you're in a collision on the road

      •BIG SAVINGS Over 120 bike shops across Greater London will give you up to 15% off

      •FREE 'London Cyclist' magazine 60-page glossy bike magazine direct to your door

      •FREE legal helpline Expert advice in the event of a crash or other cycling-related issues

      •FREE cycling information Weekly updates on rides, news, products and campaigns

      •FREE local group membership Meet cyclists in your area for rides, advice and social events

      For more information please contact our membership team: membership@... or 020 7234 9310

      Trustee Elections – voting open

      If you are a member of LCC, you should have received an email with a link to the 2013 trustee election voting form. All London Cycling Campaign members are invited to vote in the 2013 trustee election. Our Board of Trustees is a group of 10 members, elected by the membership, who oversee our organisation's governance and activities (more about our Board of Trustees). Trustees serve for two years, and half the board is re-elected each year. This year, there are eleven candidates for the five places on offer, so please read their personal statements and vote for the people you want to lead us to even greater success in the future.. Using the electronic voting form you may rank up to eleven candidates in order of preference.

      This is your opportunity to help shape the future of London Cycling Campaign. Before voting, we advise you to find out more about the candidates. Electronic voting is open until midnight on 12 October 2013, and it's also possible to vote in person at the 2013 AGM on 19 October or by appointing a proxy (details of AGM and proxies).

      If you are a member of LCC and you haven't received a ballot email, please contact us via membership@...  or on 020 7234 9310.

      *Please respond* Local campaign win? Big ride turnout? Successful community event? Original idea? We want to hear from you!

      I have contacted you all separately about this – but just a gentle reminder to let me know your groups’ feedback so it can be shown at the AGM. We’ll be having a display board with the details of what groups have been up to. Even if you don’t have something significant to include, do send me a short paragraph summarising your group’s year, or even just a group photo. I’d like every group to be featured somehow!

      We would like to make sure that the fantastic work of borough groups is showcased at the Annual Conference and AGM on the 19th October (details below). Rather than just talk about the work that has been going on in the office, we want to highlight the work being done across the boroughs over the past year. Whether you hosted an event that got lots of people in your community involved, organised a brilliantly successful led-ride or managed to get something positive changed in your community after some lobbying or campaigns work, we want to hear about it! Please send a short description and a photo that you are happy to be shown at the Annual Conference (if you have one) to activism@... with the subject line ‘[Name of Borough] Group Feedback for AGM’ .

      Annual Conference and AGM 19th October – Have you booked your place yet?

      Don't miss your chance to get involved with shaping our 2014 local election campaign at our Annual Conference on Saturday 19 October 2013 at the London Metropolitan University in Holloway Road. The one-day event includes our Annual General Meeting in the morning, and a programme of conference events in the afternoon, followed by drinks in a nearby pub. This will be a great opportunity for members of your group, to not only have your say in the formal business of LCC and get involved in discussing the motions put forward, but also to meet other supporters and members and find out what other groups get up to. The afternoon conference will include presentations and workshops, and will give the chance to talk to you about plans for the 2014 elections campaign and how you can get involved, whether as an individual member or a group.

      To register your attendance at the AGM or ask any questions, contact agm@...  or phone Lu Everett on 020 7234 9310 before midnight on Monday 14 October, when registration closes. Places are limited so do book soon so you don’t miss out!

      More information on the day itself and details of how to register can be found here: http://lcc.org.uk/events/annual-conference-and-agm-2013.

      CHANGE OF VENUE: As mentioned in last weeks’ Friday post, due to circumstances beyond our control the venue for the London Cycling Campaign Annual Conference and AGM on Saturday 19 October 2013 has been changed from the Southbank University to the London Metropolitan University as follows: Graduate Centre, Tower Building, London Metropolitan University 166-220 Holloway Road, N7 8DB All other details of the Annual Conference and AGM are the same as published in the leaflet that accompanies this issue of London Cyclist magazine and online here: http://lcc.org.uk/events/annual-conference-and-agm-2013. For enquires, including any accessibility queries, contact Lu Everett agm@...

      COMMUNITY GRANTS FUND

      Thanks to all of you who shared the details of the Grants Fund; the deadline has now passed and we are beginning to process applications. If you’ve not read them yet, why not take a look at our latest blogs of previous recipients of the grants:

      • Convinced that cycling would bring many benefits and much pleasure to her neighbours, Sarah Hammond applied for a CCFL grant in spring 2011 to run, Fieldgate Bikes, a three months bike project on her housing estate in East London. This is Sarah's account of how to encourage Asian women to cycle.
      • written by Jenni Gwiazdowski, the founder and director of the London Bike Kitchen, an open DIY workshop where you can fix your own bike. Jenni was the recipient of a Community Cycling Fund for London (CCFL) Grant. Here, she gives some background on how she got started with an idea, and how you can learn from her mistakes. This entry is partially excerpted from a Spokeswomen blog entry written in 2011. www.LBK.org.uk

      Latest News, Blogs and Updates:

      Read all the latest here http://lcc.org.uk/pages/news

      LCC OFFICE CONTACTS

      AGM

      Lu Everett

      agm@...

      BIKE WEEK 2014

      Stewart Dring

      stewart@...

      BOROUGH MAGAZINE INSERT

      Selena Calder

      selena@...

      CAMPAIGNS

      Amy Summers

      amy@...

      EMAIL NEWSLETTERS

      John Kitchiner

      editorlondoncyclist@...

      FLAGS & BANNERS - orders

      Justine Fancy

      justine@...

      GRANTS

      Aurora Trujillo

      grants@...

      HGV ISSUES

      Charlie Lloyd

      charlie@...

      INFRASTRUCTURE

      Charlie Lloyd

      charlie@...

      INSURANCE - Public Liability

      attached to this email

      MAGAZINE

      John Kitchiner

      editorlondoncyclist@...

      MAPS - ordering TFL cycle maps

      CDL London LTD

      tel 020 8312 7940

      MEMBERSHIP

      Juwel Malique

      membership@...

      Amy Summers | Activism Coordinator

      London Cycling Campaign

      Tel: 020 7234 9310 ext 220

      2 Newhams Row | SE1 3UZ

      Amy Summers | Activism Coordinator

      London Cycling Campaign

      Tel: 020 7234 9310 ext 220

      2 Newhams Row | SE1 3UZ

      Amy Summers | Activism Coordinator

      London Cycling Campaign

      Tel: 020 7234 9310 ext 220

      2 Newhams Row | SE1 3UZ

      Sign up as a member today and help make London safe and inviting for cyclists
      http://lcc.org.uk/pages/joining-options