RE: [greenwichcyclists] Greenwich Council Scrutiny Committee

  • <paul.mcquillen@...>
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2013

      Hi Ian,

      I can’t get to the meeting tonight but have you asked to address the committee?

      As Andrew Gilligan reiterated at the meeting in Catford last week, Greenwich is jeopardising its ability to attract funding under the ‘Mayors Vision’ programme whilst the Leader refuses to engage with him.

      I think we need clarification to item 3.7.2 in the Cycling Best Value report which states;

      In addition further funding opportunities are available through TfL’s ‘Borough

      Cycling Funding. Various programmes are linked to the Mayor’s Vision for

      Cycling. Officers are currently developing schemes which could be bid for as

      part of this funding stream, and are awaiting guidance on how to progress

      these with TfL.

      If the issue is not resolved it could also have serious implications for adjoining boroughs.

      Regards,

      Paul