Saturday 27th July – A Ride in The Essex Co untryside

  • Jane Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2013
      Saturday 27th July – A Ride in The Essex Countryside
      Meet at Liverpool St Station on main concourse at 8.45am for the 9.02 train to Kelvedon (50 minute journey)
      A gentle ride of about 40 miles or so through some very pretty parts of Essex (yes, honestly). The ride follows bits of the Colne Valley, skirts the Essex Suffolk border. Only one hill, not a tough one as we climb out of the valley near Earls Colne. There is one bit of off road, about a mile of it. This mile is mostly easy forest track, but a bit of gravelly farm road as well. I have done this on skinny tyres and road bike and stayed upright. Slightly wider tyres would be better! The remaining 39 miles all on road. A tea stop, a pub stop for lunch and one last lovely descent for which you don't seem to have done enough work climbing up to deserve. I hope to be back mid to late afternoon, dependant of course on the events of the day.   Contact Jane: 07826559603