Holborn protest ride report

  • Francis Sedgemore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2013
      Three London cyclist deaths in as many weeks, and two LCC protest rides within a fortnight.

      Among the marshals this evening the consensus is that we had around 2,500 on the Holborn protest ride. Comments from riders and onlooking bipeds included the word "poignant", and the spontaneous roar following the minute's silence observed by the collision site on High Holborn was impressive. Police cooperation and ride support was much appreciated.

      Many thanks to all who came on the protest ride, and to the marshals for making it work so well. I just hope that it's a very long time before we hold another such event.

      journalist, writer and physicist
      telephone: +44 7840 191336
      website: sedgemore.com