Fw: Ride London and Tour of Britain Project Details

  • BT Yahoo!
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: David <david@...>
      To: David Showell <david@...>
      Cc: Robert Cliff <robert@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, 3 July 2013, 9:32
      Subject: Ride London and Tour of Britain Project Details

      Hi All,

      A number of you have asked for more details about the Ride London and Tour of Britain projects before committing your time so here we go:

      We have been asked to provide cycling ambassadors for the two events - Ride London and the Tour of Britain.

      Cycling ambassadors will work alongside event agency staff, who will be tasked with engaging with visitors and drawing them to TfL's stands. Visitors at the stands will be passed over to our cycling ambassadors who can talk in more detail about cycling services on offer via TfL or their local boroughs.

      The stands need to engage non and occasional cyclists and give them the confidence that cycling can be a safe and enjoyable way to travel around London, be it cycling to work or simply around their local area.
      To deliver information in the most engaging way, it’s envisaged that stands will be copy light with a focus on having ‘cycling ambassadors’ on hand to talk to people about the cycling products and services available in London as well as future initiatives planned under the  Mayor’s Vision for Cycling in London.

      Using iPads, visitors will be encouraged to sign up to:

      • Barclays Cycle Hire
      • Cycle training
      • TfL cycling emails

      In addition, they will be signposted to the Metropolitan Police Service Exchanging Places and bike marking teams (who will be located near Green Park on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 August and St Paul's Churchyard on Saturday 3 August), as well as British Cycling, LCC and other partner initiatives which help people to continue cycling including Breeze and Sky Ride local rides.

      We are also speaking with Change 4life about their presence at the show and signposting visitors to their activity teams who will be engaging with families to encourage children to be more active.

      One thing we have been asked to do is think of ways in which we may be able to engage visitors to the event.

      Ideas so far:

      1) Pin the error on the broken bike (if you match them all you'll be entered into a prize draw)
      2) L1 taster Games  - Brief L1 intro and then slow races etc.
      3) 15 minute puncture repair demonstrations

      Dr Bikes etc will be provide by others.

      ACTION:
      If you have any more ideas for this can you let me or Robert know by tomorrow COB latest.

      Instructors we need

      Prudential RideLondon Cycling Show - EXCEL ARENA
      Thursday 1 August  x 4 ambassadors : 10:00 - 20:00
      Friday 2 August x 4 ambassadors: 10:00 - 20:00
      Saturday 3 August x 4 ambassadors: 09:00 - 17:00

      Saturday 3 August - Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle - 09:00 to 17:00
      x 10 ambassadors at a time at GREEN PARK
      x 2 ambassadors at ST PAULS CHURCH YARD

      Sunday 4 August - Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 and Classic - 09:00 to 17:00
      x 10 ambassadors at a time at GREEN PARK
      x 2 ambassadors at ST PAULS CHURCH YARD

      Sunday 22 September (note not 22nd August) – Tour of Britain - 10:00-19:00
      12 ambassadors split over 2 locations – Whitehall and Parliament street

      We've had a lot of replies to availability already and have started sending out invites.
      I've switched Robert Cliff to organising this project as he has more capacity at the moment.

      Rate of pay is £13/hr

      ACTION
      Can you let Robert know (cc'd in) if you would like to take part in the event and haven't told us yet
      We will then send out invites. We'll split the Green Park / St Paul's Church yard attendees nearer the time.

      Thank you for you input and help in delivering this project,

      Hope all is well otherwise,

      Kind Regards

      David Showell

      tel: 07841678664