FRIDAY POST - LCC Trustee Elections & Annual Conference

  • BT Yahoo!
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 1:28 PM

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: London Cycling <londoncycling@...>
      To: lccbc@yahoogroups.com; lcc-issues@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Charlie Lloyd <charlie@...>
      Sent: Thursday, 4 July 2013, 20:49
      Subject: [lccbc] FRIDAY POST - LCC Trustee Elections & Annual Conference

      Dear Borough Coordinators,

      There are 5 seats up for grabs at this autumn’s election to the LCC Board of Trustees. This email includes a reminder of the dates for nominating and voting for new Trustees.  We welcome board members from a diverse range of backgrounds, so please share this information with anyone you think might be interested in standing for the board, as well forwarding it to your borough group email list. More information about the board election is online www.lcc.org.uk/boardelections and on page 26 of the June/July issue of London Cyclist Magazine.

      Many thanks, London Cycling Campaign Team

      WED 24 JULY - LOCAL GROUP FORUM MEETING
      The next forum meeting is at 6.30pm on Wed 24 July at the LCC office, 2 Newhams Row SE1 3UZ. Every local group should be represented at the local group forum meetings, so if your group coordinator cannot attend this meeting, please send another delegate from your group. The agenda will be posted to the lccbc e-group nearer the time.

      MON 5 AUGUST – BOARD OPEN DAY
      LCC is holding an open day where those considering standing for the board will be able to meet staff & Board members and have an informal chat about the organisation. If you want to find out more about being Trustee on the LCC board, please feel free to contact current Trustees Claire Wren claire@... or Mel Grech mel@... who will be happy to answer your queries.

      THURS 15 AUGUST (9am) - BOARD NOMINATIONS CLOSE
      Nominees are asked to submit a two minute video statement as well as send a nomination form (downloadable from www.lcc.org.uk/boardelections) including a 50 word statement, a counter signature from a fellow LCC member and a portrait photo. The video statements can be filmed using a mobile phone and will be posted on the LCC website, the photographs need to be good enough quality to be printed in the magazine.

      MON 16 SEPT - BOARD ELECTION VOTING OPENS
      Electronic ballot papers will be emailed to all members on Monday 15 Sept to the email address members receive the London Cyclist e-mail newsletters. If you don’t already receive the newsletters to your current email address, you will not automatically receive an electronic ballot paper. Please make sure you have registered your current email address with us via www.lcc.org.uk in order to receive your electronic ballot paper as well as all the latest LCC news.

      SAT 19 OCTOBER – AGM & CAMPAIGNERS CONFERENCE
      Following the success of last year’s Campaigner’s Conference, we will be combining our AGM with a full-day Annual Conference, where the results of the Trustee Election will also be announced. Look out for your London Cyclist e-mail newsletter next week where more details about this event will be confirmed.

      MEMBERSHIP LEAFLETS
      Please do not use older versions of LCC membership leaflets because they have the wrong membership prices. The current prices are: individual £36, household £61,concessionary £18, additional £27.If you don’t have stock of the current leaflets, please confirm the name & address of your group member to post these to.

      UPDATING YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
      We are updating our records of the contact details for all the posts within each borough group. Please can you email the name, email, daytime telephone & postal address for each of the following posts in your groups to selena@... (with the name of your borough group in the subject line) by Mon 29 July: General enquiries, secretary, treasurer, newsletter editor, press officer, campaigns officer, co-ordinator for group/rides/events/workshops and the person who deals with planning applications. Please also indicate if some of the posts are not covered by your group.

      MARKETING MATERIALS
      The following marketing materials are available for you to use for your events over the summer; (1) London Cyclist Magazine April/May issue (2) postcards illustrating the lorry risk zone (3) membership leaflets (4) family cycling guide (5) getting started guide (6) clipboards with email sign-up sheets.

      FREEBIES
      We do not have any stock of water bottles or small flags at present, but we do have reflectors and water bottle cages which you are welcome to take for your own use or to give away at events.

      LCC OFFICE CONTACTS
      CAMPAIGNS (including infrastructure) Charlie Lloyd Charlie@... 4 days a week
      EMAIL NEWSLETTER John Kitchner editorlondoncyclist@... 1 day a week
      MAGAZINE BOROUGH INSERTS Selena Calder Selena@... 2 days a week
      EVENTS logistics Stuart Dring & Anna Gudaniec cyclingprojects@...  5 days a week
      MARKETING MATERIALS (ordering LCC branded Gazebo/flags) Lucy Cooper lucyc@...
      MEMBERSHIP Matthew Dunton & Juwel Malique membership@... 5 days a week
      MISCELLANEOUS Lu Everett lu@... 5 days a week

      Sign up as a member today and help make London safe and inviting for cyclists
      http://lcc.org.uk/pages/joining-options