Saturday 10th August – Fickleshole Mountain Biking circuit

  • tim.collingridge@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2013
      Join Lewisham Cyclists for a Saturday morning off-road spin out into the Kent countryside.

      Moderately hilly route starting with a long off-road climb up to Fickleshole, then an attractive circuit of bridleways around Chelsham and through Selsdon Woods. Watch out for the ‘cheeky’ climb by Farleigh golf course. After climbing back up to Fickleshole on the road, we finish with a long downhill off-road section, before roading it back to Hayes.

      Meet 09:30 Ladywell Station platform 2 for 09:47 train to Hayes. No need to buy tickets – Oyster is fine. No plans for a food stop so bring some energy bars. Aiming to be back for late lunch.

      Only suitable for Mountain Bikes with knobbly tyres and is not recommended for beginners. We may encounter some nettles and brambles so leg cover and full gloves are advisable.

      Please ensure your bike is in full working order and bring a spare inner tube, water, and snack(s).

      Contact – Tim 07775 654990 (texts preferred!)
    • tim.collingridge@btinternet.com