Greenwich Goes it Alone

  • Louise
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2013
      Many of us heard Gilligan's address at the AGM of Greenwich Cyclists, and it's content was quite astonishing. But it was far less astonishing than the reaction of Greenwich Council to the reasonable question as to why it refuses to engage with the Mayor's cycling commisssioner, and is the only council so to do.
      This must be a story "with legs on stilts" and I hope the local press will take it up.
      As to actions around the Foot Tunnels, we can only await the launch of a Friends group. But I have always feared that there may well be some small difficulties in constructively engaging with the responsible Council over these two important heritage and transport facilities.
      Ian Blore