FRIDAY POST: Campaigner's Conference/Borough group contacts/Good news stories wanted (cross posted)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2013

      From: lccbc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lccbc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of London Cycling
      Sent: 28 June 2013 18:56
      To: London Cycling; barkinganddagenham; barnet; bexley; brent; bromley; camden; City; croydon; ealing; enfield; greenwich; hackney; hammersmithandfulham; haringey; harrow; havering; hillingdon; hounslow; islington; kensingtonandchelsea; kingston; lambeth; lewisham; merton; newham; Redbridge; richmond; southwark; sutton; towerhamlets; walthamforest; wandsworth
      Cc: Office Team; lccbc@yahoogroups.com; lcc-issues@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [lccbc] FRIDAY POST: Campaigner's Conference/Borough group contacts/Good news stories wanted (cross posted)

      Dear Borough Coordinators, This week’s news includes a reminder about another two imminent deadlines, so please forward this to your group as soon as possible.

      Many thanks, London Cycling Campaign Team.

      MONDAY 1st JULY – deadline for your good news stories

      Does your borough group have any good news stories you would like to be included in the LCC email newsletter? (now called the ‘London Cyclist Weekly’ & ‘London Cyclist Monthly’)

      If you can write a 400-500 word story by 12 noon on Monday 1st July, please email your story to John Kitchiner editorlondoncyclist@...   Ideally your story should be about local campaigns, successes or more general news (like the Lambeth and Brent stories in the June edition of London Cyclist Monthly). Not information about on forthcoming  rides/events/meetings.

      WEDNESDAY 3RD JULY – extended deadline for Campaigners Conference input

      The Campaigners Conference & AGM will be on Saturday 19th October, and will include the launch of the 2014 local election Campaign. Borough groups are invited to provide input to the Conference Programme, and the deadline for this has been extended. Please email your response to the following questions to agm@... by Wednesday 3rd July (midnight).

      1

      What are the barriers to campaigning in your borough? (eg, ‘relationship with council’, or ‘not enough people/capacity in borough group’ etc)

      2

      What skills workshop would you like to be included in the programme?

      3

      Is there anything else you would like to be included in the Campaigner's Conference?

      WEDNESDAY 24 JULY – Local Groups Forum Meeting

      The next forum meeting is at 6.30pm on Wed 24 July at the LCC office, 2 Newhams Row SE1 3UZ. Every local group should be represented at the local group forum meetings, so if your group coordinator cannot attend this meeting, please send another delegate from your group. The agenda will be posted to the lccbc e-group nearer the time.

      MONDAY 29th July – deadline for updating your borough group contacts

      We are updating our records of the contact details for all the posts within each borough group. Please can you email the name, email, daytime telephone & postal address for each of the following posts in your groups to selena@... (with the name of your borough group in the subject line) by Mon 29 July. Please also indicate if some of the posts are not covered by your group.

      Role

      Name

      Email

      Daytime phone no.

      Postal Address

      Group Co-ordinator

      Rides Co-ordinator

      Events Co-ordinator

      Workshop Co-ordinator

      Campaigns Officer

      Planning Applications

      Press Officer

      Newsletter Editor

      Treasurer

      Secretary

      General Enquiries

      LCC 2013 MEMBERSHIP LEAFLETS – please confirm

      ·        We are posting an A5 envelope of LCC 2013 membership leaflets to each local group next week, please confirm the name & address we should post your group’s leaflets to.

      ·        Please do not use older versions of LCC membership leaflets because they have the wrong membership prices.

      ·        The current prices are: individual £36, household £61,concessionary £18, additional £27

      LCC BRANDED GAZEBOS & FLAGS

      ·        If you would like to use LCC branded gazebo & flags for your events, you can either hire the large heavy duty gazebo & flags from LCC HQ at a cost of £108 (this is the actual cost of transport to/from our storage warehouse in Hackney by Green Man & Van, at a reduced charity rate) or we can help you purchase your own LCC branded gazebo/flags with your borough name.

      ·        Attached is a photo of last week’s Hackney Bike Breakfast using the LCC HQ heavy duty gazebo & flags.

      ·        Please contact Lucy Cooper, Marketing & Income Generation Manager if you would like a quote for your own borough gazebo/flag lucyc@...

      MARKETING MATERIALS for your events

      ·        The following marketing materials are available for you to use for your events over the summer.

      ·        If there is no-one in your group who can collect materials from LCC office during office hours, we can post an A4 size envelope of materials to you as requested.

      ·        Please note; we no longer have stock of water bottles or small flags.

      1.         Membership leaflets  - 2013 prices

      2.        Lorry postcards

      3.        Getting Started guide

      4.        Family Cycling guide

      5.        London Cyclist – April/May issue

      6.        Reflectors

      7.        Bottle Cages

      8.       Clipboards with email sign-up sheets

      LCC LIABILITY INSURANCE CERTIFICATE  - attached to this email

      LCC OFFICE CONTACTS

      ·        CAMPAIGNS (including infrastructure) Charlie Lloyd Charlie@... 4 days a week

      ·        EMAIL NEWSLETTER John Kitchner editorlondoncyclist@... 1 day a week

      ·        MAGAZINE BOROUGH INSERTS Selena Calder Selena@... 2 days a week

      ·        EVENTS logistics Stuart Dring & Anna Gudaniec cyclingprojects@...  5 days a week

      ·        MARKETING MATERIALS (ordering LCC branded Gazebo/flags) Lucy Cooper lucyc@...

      ·        MEMBERSHIP Matthew Dunton & Juwel Malique membership@... 5 days a week

      ·        MISCELLANEOUS Lu Everett lu@... 5 days a week

      Sign up as a member today and help make London safe and inviting for cyclists
      http://lcc.org.uk/pages/joining-options