Cyclist down - A20 Loampit Vale j/w Thurston Road

  • <paul.mcquillen@...>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2013

      Just got in to work 20 minutes late due to the A20 Loampit Vale in Lewisham being completely closed in both directions.

      Traffic snarled up almost to Eltham. The police I asked didn’t have specific information but BBC news says it was due to an incident between a cyclist and motorist.

      Does anyone else have any further news?

      This is at least the third time in a year that this crucial section of highway (a cordon point) has been closed due to serious or fatal crashes, two involving cyclists.

      Regards,

      Paul

    • Helena

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 24, 2013
          Sad news.  This section of road was  included in the original route of the next CSH, originally set to link Lewisham with Victoria, now only proposed from to start at New Cross. I did not know there had been two other incidents on this stretch this year involving cyclists.
          I sincerely hope the individual is not seriously hurt.
              Jane
        • woodrz
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2013
            Good old NewsShopper

            http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10503295.Cyclist_sustains_head_injury_in_collision_in_Loampit_Vale__Lewisham/?ref=mr

            From:        <paul.mcquillen@...>
            To:        <lewishamcyclists@yahoogroups.com>
            Cc:        <greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com>
            Date:        24/06/2013 11:46
            Subject:        [greenwichcyclists] Cyclist down - A20 Loampit Vale j/w Thurston Road
            Sent by:        greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com

            Just got in to work 20 minutes late due to the A20 Loampit Vale in Lewisham being completely closed in both directions.

            Traffic snarled up almost to Eltham. The police I asked didn’t have specific information but BBC news says it was due to an incident between a cyclist and motorist.

            Does anyone else have any further news?

            This is at least the third time in a year that this crucial section of highway (a cordon point) has been closed due to serious or fatal crashes, two involving cyclists.

            Regards,

            Paul

            We're proud to sponsor the PwC Under 25s Club at the Old Vic: Opening up the arts to the under 25s, because support for the arts benefits business and society as a whole. Find out more about the PwC Under 25s Club.
            This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, please delete the email and do not use it in any way. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP does not accept or assume responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email by anyone, other than the intended addressee to the extent agreed in the relevant contract for the matter to which this email relates (if any). PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England under registered number OC303525, with its registered address at 1 Embankment Place, London WC2N 6RH. It is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for designated investment business. PwC may monitor outgoing and incoming emails and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications systems; by replying to this email you give your consent to such monitoring.
            Visit our website http://www.pwc.com/uk

          • katie Collis

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 24, 2013