Cycle marking in Greenwich Park

  • Gavin Murdock
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013
      I have this in my calendar as happening today.

      Can anyone confirm?

      If it is happening, where abouts in Greenwich Park?

      Do you need to bring anything to show you own the cycle being marked?

      Cheers
    • Stephen Craven
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013
        Probably too late now but yes there was a Dr Bike / cycle marking event in
        the park today.

        Stephen

      • Mark Etherington
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013
          I was passing so stopped to have my bike checked. The Dr Bike team were busy, with quite a number of people waiting in the queue. An HGV was also parked up and one could go and sit in the cab and discuss blind spots etc.

          The cycle marking wasn't happening, as the necessary people hadn't turned. up.

          Mark

          On 19 Jun 2013, at 20:34, "Stephen Craven" <stephen@...> wrote:

          Probably too late now but yes there was a Dr Bike / cycle marking event in
          the park today.

          Stephen

        • Gavin Murdock
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 20, 2013
            Cycle marking people didn't turn up.

            Dr Bike people were very busy and I had a sit in a HGV cab and saw some of the equipment that can be fitted to alert drivers to the presence of cyclists. They have proximity sensor along the sides of the vehicle (similar to parking sensors) to alert them that something is present alongside.

            A nice bloke with a Penny Farthing let me have a ride on it - good fun! Good weather for the event.

            Who funds Dr BIke by the way?
          • John Phillips