Re: Greenwich Park - Avenue

  • navt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013
      On that matter, are they going to replace the road markings on the Avenue? Not sure if they were there before, but several times this week already cars come zooming down northbound into the path of cyclists heading up southbound.

      Whatever became of the speed cushions?

      Also, are we now allowed to cycle along Bower Avenue?

      Sincerely,

      Navin

      --- In greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Craven" <stephen@...> wrote:

      > The meeting of the Greenwich Safer Parks Panel today was adjourned for the
      > lack of a police representative. So I have no statistics to report this
      > time. But one item we were able to deal with informally was the question of
      > the deep gulleys on the resurfaced hill of The Avenue. The deputy park
      > manager told us that whilst some form of drainage channel is essential, the
      > park management has asked for a safety review to be conducted. I will
      > follow this up at the next meeting in September.
      >

      > Stephen

    • Stephen Craven
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013
        Navin

        Yes Bower Avenue is now open to cyclists - for a 6 month trial period
        initially but if there are no reported problems it will become permanent.

        I will raise the question of road markings at the next Park Panel. There is
        no intention to add speed humps as far as I know.

        Stephen

      • navt
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2013
          Thanks Stephen, I thought your email on the 4th of May suggested that speed humps were on the agenda.

          Thanks!