Greenwich Park - Avenue

  • Stephen Craven
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2013

      The meeting of the Greenwich Safer Parks Panel today was adjourned for the lack of a police representative.  So I have no statistics to report this time. But one item we were able to deal with informally  was the question of the deep gulleys on the resurfaced hill of The Avenue.  The deputy park manager told us that whilst some form of drainage channel is essential, the park management has asked for a safety review to be conducted.  I will follow this up at the next meeting in September.

      Stephen

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013

        Thanks Stephen, and also for passing on the disturbing but not entirely unexpected hint that Galliard Homes may try to lever themselves out of providing the much-needed swing bridge over Deptford Creek.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013
          On that matter, are they going to replace the road markings on the Avenue? Not sure if they were there before, but several times this week already cars come zooming down northbound into the path of cyclists heading up southbound.

          Whatever became of the speed cushions?

          Also, are we now allowed to cycle along Bower Avenue?

          Sincerely,

          Navin

          --- In greenwichcyclists@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Craven" <stephen@...> wrote:

          > The meeting of the Greenwich Safer Parks Panel today was adjourned for the
          > lack of a police representative. So I have no statistics to report this
          > time. But one item we were able to deal with informally was the question of
          > the deep gulleys on the resurfaced hill of The Avenue. The deputy park
          > manager told us that whilst some form of drainage channel is essential, the
          > park management has asked for a safety review to be conducted. I will
          > follow this up at the next meeting in September.
          >

          > Stephen

        • Stephen Craven
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 19, 2013
            Navin

            Yes Bower Avenue is now open to cyclists - for a 6 month trial period
            initially but if there are no reported problems it will become permanent.

            I will raise the question of road markings at the next Park Panel. There is
            no intention to add speed humps as far as I know.

            Stephen

          • navt
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 20, 2013
              Thanks Stephen, I thought your email on the 4th of May suggested that speed humps were on the agenda.

              Thanks!