FRIDAY POST - weekly news for LCC borough groups

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2013

      POSTING EVENTS ON LCC WEBSITE – is now easier!

      Good news, we've created website logins for every local group, so your group has an official web presence, and you can post details of your rides or comments more easily. Mike Cavenett emailed you earlier today to give you your user name and password to log in. For simplicity, the usernames currently appear as just the name of your borough - eg 'Lambeth' rather than ‘Lambeth Cyclists’.Once you’ve logged into the website, you can change your username by clicking on 'dashboard' in the menu at the top of the website page and then 'edit my profile' on the left hand side.

      POSTING EVENTS ON LCC WEBSITE – instructions

      Go to the ‘Rides & Event’s section (lcc.org.uk/events) and then click 'add a new event', just under the large EVENTS heading. We're happy for coordinators to share this login with their committee/ride organisers etc, but it shouldn't be made public. If you already have a satisfactory website login, then they can ignore this.

      NEW JOB VACANCY – Cycling Grants Officer

      All details about the post and the application form are online http://lcc.org.uk/pages/current-vacancies. The deadline for applications is less than two weeks time (midnight on Thursday 13th June) so please share with your networks swiftly.  News of when the grants funding round will open will be announced shortly in the London Cyclist Weekly email newsletter

      POLICY FORUM WORKSHOP - 6th June.

      There are a few places left, so if you’d like to attend, please email Rachel Aldred Rachel@... or register online here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16JQku7TgVcCcUT4yphaJricCa9w6NiZDLEjyjt9jV5g/viewform.The purpose of this workshop is think about possible themes/approaches for LCC's 2014 local election campaigning, which we can then discuss further at our late June Policy Forum meeting and pass on to the Board & Campaigners Conference. There'll be short lead offs from several speakers about recent campaign experiences, leading into a discussion of what key themes we might want to have, and how to go about a ward-based campaign. It's on Thursday 6th June at 6pm at Westminster University 's Marylebone Campus - so no clash with the recently announced Hackney Cycling Conference earlier that day

      LCC RACE AT LONDON NOCTURNE - 4pm on Sat 8th June.

      The Urban Cycle Cross Race, organised by LCC is new to the London Noctune this year. Part criterium, part obstacle race, entrants will have to dismount and carry their bikes over ‘urban themed’ obstacles and detours during the race. All cyclists over 16 (except those with a racing licence) are welcome to enter, regardless of their skill, speed or type of bike. There are a few places left, it costs £15 to enter and registration is online here http://www.londonnocturne.com/urbancyclecross.php The LCC race is the first race in the programme with a capacity of 40 riders. The first lap will be a practice, so you'll have a chance to get to grips with the obstacles before the racing really begins.

      LCC OFFICE CONTACTS

      Campaigns/infrastructure

      Charlie Lloyd (4 days a week)

      charlie@...

      Events

      Stuart Dring & Anna Gudaniec (5 days a week)

      cyclingprojects@...

      Magazine borough news

      Selena Calder (2 days week)

      selena@...

      Ordering LCC branded marketing materials

      Lucy Cooper (5 days a week)

      lucyc@...

      Miscellaneous

      Lu Everett (5 days a week)

      info@...

      Sign up as a member today and help make London safe and inviting for cyclists
      http://lcc.org.uk/pages/joining-options