Re: FOGWOFT

  • John Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 15 KB
    Ian

    It's below AND as an attachment. One of them should work. Just to stress it's only a draft.

    I'm also thinking a Yahoo! group and maybe even a website would be good to have.

    A Yahoo group should be easy to set up - I'll have crack at it soonish - set-up cost is zero and it can always be thrown away if not needed.

    Website. I've seen a basic website building toolkit at either Google or Microsoft and will  try to have crack at it - it's probably at the "Website Construction for Dummies" level so maybe I'll be able to make it come about. Again we can always discard if not required. Having said this if there's someone out there with experience it might be better (and quicker) if they did it. Meanwhile I'll try and crack on.

    Would it be worthwhile to do a flyer advertising distribution session at Greenwich tunnel one evening? We could advertise the mooted 29th May inaugural meeting if Andrew's happy with that arrangement.

     John

    Friends of Greenwich and Woolwich Foot Tunnels  - draft constitution

    1.         The name of the group shall be Friends of Greenwich and Woolwich Foot Tunnels (FOGWOFT)

    2.         The aims of the group are to:

    ·                     promote the use and enjoyment of the Greenwich and Woolwich Foot Tunnels

    ·                     to lobby for their growing importance as a transport facility

    ·                      to reconcile walking and cycling users of the Tunnels

    ·                     work to ensure an adequate standard of maintenance, appearance and access to the tunnels

    3.         Membership

    ·                     Membership of the group shall be open to both individuals and organisations

    ·                     The group shall have the power to refuse or cancel any membership where it is considered such membership would be detrimental to the aims, purposes or activities of the group.

    4.         Management

    ·                     The group shall elect a Chair and Secretary and such other officers as are deemed necessary

    ·                     The group  shall hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) at not more than 15 month intervals

    On 17 May 2013 12:03, Louise and Ian Blore <louiseatbeadles@...> wrote:
    Thanks a million, John. Could you resend your draft to my email since I could't find it in the blizzard on the group site?
    Ian

  • Stephen Craven
    Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2013

      John Phillips wrote-

      Would it be worthwhile to do a flyer advertising distribution session at Greenwich tunnel one evening? We could advertise the mooted 29th May inaugural meeting if Andrew's happy with that arrangement.

      If we expect more than a few extra people than usual for the rides meeting, and given the political nature of such a group, might it be best to book a separate venue (Armada centre if it’s available?) rather than descend on the D&B for what could turn out to be a “lively” meeting.  Or if not, at least warn Charlie and see if he’s happy with us meeting there.

      If the Armada is available I would propose the use of some of Greenwich Cyclists spare funds for the modest hire costs of the initial meeting, and the initial flyers, although presumably FOGWOFT members would cover the cost of future meetings and publicity themselves.

      Stephen

      Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2013

        I’m happy to help fund this if others will organise.