Ride from Bexley Cyclists 11 may

  • Frances Renton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013
      Bexley Ride 11 May

      Meet at 10:15 on the south side of Sidcup rail station, in Jubilee Way ( postcode DA15 7AW ) ; arriving back around 4:30pm.

      About 30 miles, riding at moderate pace with tea stops. This is a meandering ride on quiet roads and a few off road paths : some steady climbs and long glides downhill and some fantastic views.

      Route
      From Sidcup via St Mary Cray and Chelsfield to Halstead. Onwards via Knockholt and the crest of the North Downs before turning homewards towards Downe. After refreshment in the village (or, depending on interest, at Down House - home of Charles Darwin), return via Farnborough, Petts Wood and Scadbury Park.

      A possible route is displayed here - http://goo.gl/maps/DChFR

      We are holding this ride on a Saturday, to connect with 'loop' trains via Slade Green and Crayford. A suitable train along Woolwich line departs from Belvedere 09:50, arriving at 10:15,. Alternatively, direct service from Lewisham departs 9:54, arriving at 10:09.

      Please send an email to bexley.cyclists@... if you are likely to come, or if you have any queries.

      Note for Bromley Cyclists - We'll pass the Croft Tea Room in St Mary Cray around 11:00, if anyone wants to join us there.