Thursday afterworker; Southwark Needle 6.30pmwill keep it simple and head out from the Needle along the south bank of t

  • Jane Davis
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2013
      I have decided to revive the great tradition of Thursday evening afterworkers.  Barry Mason (much missed) used to run these most Thursdays in spring and summer, a short ten to fifteen mile ride through London somewhere, ending at a pub for a quick drink.  I was inspired to revive his great idea by a little sponataneous afterworker I did myself last week.  You can read about it here, if you like. http://www.saoirse.davis.com
      This week I will keep it simple and head out from the Needle along the south bank of the river, through the tunnel at Greenwich and back along the northside for a swift drink at the Anchor Tap near Tower Bridge.  Anyone who wishes, is welcome to join me (on two wheels, obviously).
          Maybe see you Thursday.
          Jane
    • COLIN HARTRIDGE-PRICE
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2013

        Jane

        Many thanks for reviving Barry's Thursday evening after workers.  I'm sorry to say I will not be able to join you this Thursday, as I'm due to attend an information evening on the Stroke Association bike ride that I have agreed to help marshal.

        Ride safe.

        Best regards

        Colin H-P