Surrey Docks Farm - Sunday 28 April - Ride Report

  • Sarah Ellis
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2013
      I led this ride was because I had cleared out my garden and come across a vast number of flowerpots of various sizes which the Farm always welcome.  There were too many pots for me to carry to the Farm on my own so I was pleased to see three punters at Cutty Sark Gardens all with either panniers or a rucksack.  We shared the pots out between us then instead of riding westwards to the Farm, we cycled eastwards to the Royal Steps in front of the Old Royal Naval College to take a quick look at the archaeological dig which was going on there investigating the Tudor Landing Stage.  Then back westwards towards the Farm arriving just before 11.00.  We gave Gary the Farm Manager the pots then he joined us for tea at the café.  The Farm was busy and will be busier on Saturday 11 May which is the date of their Spring Fair.  Two had a quick walk round watching the many goats which now reside there.  We left to return to Greenwich at about 11.45.  We lost someone at the Pepys Estate but found him safe.  We all made our way home from Creek Road.  An enjoyable short ride in good company and dry (windy) weather.
    • Stephen Craven
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2013

        Sarah

        Sorry this ride didn’t get onto the website, I was away on holiday this week.

        I’m pleased that at least someone turned up.

        See you some time (not at this week’s meeting though, I’ve sent apologies)

        Regards

        Stephen