FW: Greenwich Get Cycling - 27th April
Dear Greenwich Cyclists,
You are invited to attend the Greenwich Get Cycling event on Saturday 27th April at the Royal Arsenal from 12pm-4pm. The cycling family fun day will include a series of led rides and other cycling activities to help you get cycling now Spring on its way.
Please forward this email onto your friends and family – everyone is welcome.
You will be able to take part in one of eight led cycle rides along the Thames Path, they are mostly flat and traffic free routes, perfect for families and new beginners:
· The shorter 30 minute route will travel eastwards to Thamesmead, leaving at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm.
· The longer 45 minute route will travel westwards along the Thames to New Charlton, leaving at 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
All rides will start and end at the Woolwich Arsenal Pier in Royal Arsenal, Woolwich.
To take part in a ride, either email greener@... or call 020 8921 3359 to secure your place. Please state the name, address and age of all participants*.
As well as the cycle rides, there will be other cycle related entertainment near the Woolwich Arsenal Pier, so come along and get involved:
· Try out the Smoothie bike to pedal yourself a Smoothie
· Take part in the Pedal Powered Scalextric
· Find out about how to maintain your bike from the Dr Bike service
· Take part in the Limited Edition Cyclists cycling skills course and slow bike race
· Get your bike security marked by the Metropolitan Police
· Find out how you can get cycling to work and get your own personalised route plan
· Find out about cycle training in the borough
* You will be asked to sign an agreement on the day to confirm your bike is fit for purpose and that you agree to follow instructions of the Ride Leaders at all times. Participants under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Participants between 12 and 18 years can cycle on their own, but their parent/guardian must sign a consent form on the day.
We look forward to seeing you on the day!
Active Travel Development Officer
Sustainability and Renewal
Royal Borough of Greenwich
Directorate of Regeneration, Enterprise & Skills
' 020 8921 3359
* The Woolwich Centre, 35 Wellington Street , London SE18 6HQ
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks, in accordance with legislation.
Royal Borough of Greenwich has scanned this e-mail for viruses but does not accept any responsibility once this e-mail has been transmitted. You should scan attachments (if any) for viruses.
Royal Borough of Greenwich can be contacted by telephone on +44 (0) 20 8854 8888
Royal Borough of Greenwich - LGC Council Of The Year 2013