Reminder: Sunday 31st March Romney Marsh and Dungeness

  • Jane Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2013
      Reminder for Sundays Ride

      Romney Marsh and Dungeness:Easter Sunday March 31st  Bromley South 9.00 for 9.24 train to Ashford.
      So, I intend to ride out from Ashford, down to Romney Marsh, cross the marsh to Dungeness, one of my favourite places in Britain- strangely, considering I am normally a mountain kind of person.  And it’s hard to imagine a region in the UK  less mountainous.  The biggest shingle beach in Europe and our only official desert.   It has an atmosphere like no other, desolate, lonely, wild yet homely and friendly at the same time.
      2 lighthouses, a famous film maker’s garden, a monumental power station and a steam railway.  Plus great fish and chips, what more could an Easter Sunday ride want?  And a ride across Romney Marsh thrown in for free.
      The train I am taking from Bromley starts in Victoria at 9.08.  It is the slow train, and there is a high speed alternative from St Pancras which whizzes down in half an hour.  It is more expensive though.  If you wish to catch the train in Victoria, please text or ring me beforehand.  Likewise if you are cash rich and time poor and want to get the fast train.  The  9.42 from St Pancras will get you in about 10.20, five minutes or so before my train.  Meet near the ticket office at Ashford, just near the exit on to the front of the station if you do that.

      Telephone 07826559603