Re: [greenwichcyclists] Meeting with Greenwich Council on Cycling Issues

  • mick davis
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 27 11:58 AM
      This looks positive (except Q6) Smile
      Gig

      From: Louise
      Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:01 PM
      Subject: [greenwichcyclists] Meeting with Greenwich Council on Cycling Issues

      Some members asked questions before the meeting with transport officers of RBG. We were able to raise several of them and answers are shown below.
      Full notes of the meeting will be posted on this site soon. Certain discussions were off the record and there are no prizes for guessing what they were.
      I personally believe that a way forward is to make these meetings a standing feature(suggested by the RBG team), try to enlarge them to planning officers, and to engage councillors through the medium of Public Questions to Council Meetings (as some of us have been doing over many years).
      Ian Blore

      Q1. A CSH to Thamesmead and a better link to Kidbrooke
      A. Good standard links to both are being considered - see Notes when posted
      Q2. Bikes should be allowed on DLR
      A. A matter for DLR and GLA but the grapevine suggests that GLA is now seriously pushing for this.
      Q3. NCN1 Missing Link development
      A. A complicated issue but one reviewed seriously in the RBG Thames Path Report - see Notes when posted
      Q4. Cycle hub station
      A. Not discussed, but could be raised at next meeting
      Q5. SE London forum for cycling issues
      Not discussed, but perhaps we cyclists should organise first (after all we have the SE London Rides Meetings)
      Q6. Why doesn't RBG meet Andrew Gilligan
      A. We are no nearer an answer