FW: London Assembly Cycling ammendment

  • Stephen Craven
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25 2:08 PM
      GLA approved disclaimer

      Disappointing news...

      From: Nick Yates [mailto:Nick.Yates@...] On Behalf Of Caroline Pidgeon
      Sent: 25 February 2013 11:38
      Subject: London Assembly Cycling ammendment

      Hi there,

      Last week you emailed to ask me to support an amendment that would increase spending on cycling in London. Today I seconded and the Liberal Democrat group expressed their strong support for that amendment.

      Sadly despite your fantastic lobbying efforts and the support of the majority of assembly members the amendment did not secure the two thirds support that it required to pass and force the mayor to follow it.

      This is because the Tory members chose to support the Mayor instead of listening to their constituents.

      However this doesn’t mean that the drive to improve cycle safety in London is over. I will continue to press the Mayor and TfL bosses to fund, prioritise and cater to the needs of cyclists at every possible occasion. I will be doing this in the press, at monthly Mayor’s Question Time and through the Transport Committee.

      I will keep you updated on my progress but in the meantime if you need more information please do check out my website and twitter feed.

      With best wishes,

      Pidgeon

      Caroline Pidgeon AM
      Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group
      Chair Transport Committee
      Deputy Chair Police and Crime Committee
      www.carolinepidgeon.org

      Your personal information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Such information will not be disclosed to any unauthorised person and we will only disclose information to third parties if explicitly required to do so by English Law.  Please let us know if you do not want to be included on a mailing list and receive information about the work of London Assembly member, Caroline Pidgeon, by responding by e-mail, in writing or by telephone to the officer whose details are given below.  The GLA does not collect or compile personally identifying information for dissemination or sale to external parties for marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties. If you need any further information please contact the officer whose details are given below:

      Email: nick.yates@...
      In writing to:Nick Yates, Greater London Authority, City Hall, the Queen's Walk, London SE1 2AA

      GREATERLONDONAUTHORITY

      EMAIL NOTICE:
      The information in this email may contain confidential or privileged materials. Please read the full email notice at  http://www.london.gov.uk/email-notice