New Year's Day Ride to Erith

  • Louise
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28 7:17 AM
      10.30 am Cutty Sark Gardens (near the famous Foot Tunnel): Be on the first ride of 2013. We'll ride along the river path to Erith Pier, then find something to eat. The first good news is that it will be at the Starburger greasy spoon, a highspot in the town. We then return to Greenwich. About 25 miles round trip, flat and easy. Bring a spare tube and lights just in case. Suitable for all bikes and ages, paced for all. Undoubtedly there will be muddy spots en route. The second good news is that the forecast appears quite dry for that day; cross fingers. For the faint-hearted, cold, wet or very busy there are trains back from Erith. Go on, you know you want to. Ian 07900 253658 or Sarah 07900 677706. No texts please, it's good to talk.
    • Louise
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28 7:37 AM
        For those who wish to join the ride at Woolwich, we shall leave the vicinity of the Firepower Cafe (closed that day) by 11.30 am and ride east to Erith.
        Sarah (07900677706)and Ian (07900253658)
      • Louise
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
          A big thanks to Roy who was a self-sacrificing Dr Bike on the ride.
          Sarah and Ian