Re: [greenwichcyclists] FW: [newham-cycling] FW: [lccrider] New Trains on Connex

  • Greg Englefield
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      Please can I encourage people to write to Connex and other addressees
      about this. Combined cycle and train travel should be an elegant
      combination giving people a real alternative to car travel not just for
      leisure but also for commuting. The huge number of people (several
      hundred) who keep bikes at Liverpool and King X stations who come into
      London by train and then cycle to work in central London is a testament
      to the potential. sadly Connex has been blind to this great potential
      market. In addition weekend leisure cycling in and around London would
      be made much more easy of trains had proper facilities for carrying
      several bikes.

      Also include a request that Connex improve cycle parking provision at
      their stations.

      regards
      Greg Englefield

      In message <F8C6A307D8FCD21191590090272D16500217E0D6@CEXEXC01>, Nick