9669Cycling at Cutty Sark Gardens

  • Louise
    May 8, 2012
      We are waiting for a response to our concerns from the Royal Borough. Sustrans and LCC are advising Greenwich Cyclists on the issue of the attempt to control cycling in Cutty Sark Gardens.
      In the meantime we should express our view as to what status this open space should have. It was a space in which "pedestrians have priority but responsible cycling is permitted" (according to TfL) though could be temporarily closed for special events.
      I believe the whole area should be shared space with a very low speed limit (5mph). Special events could be signalled in advance. When the space is host to a thousand visitors from nowhere I'm more than happy to walk.
      Ian Blore
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic