1758Re: [greenwichcyclists] Fw: Fw: Barratt Homes Thamesmead

    Aug 2, 2002
      Roger/David

      I'd already mentioned this closed footpath to Dave, I think, and asked why
      the route thro couldn't be maintained.

      It's the only river access for several hundred metres and closing it off for
      a couple of years is easy, arbitrary, unnecessary and typical.

      No one asked us for our views.

      Please ask Barratt's to reopen the way through. All their marketting
      stresses how much they care about the local environment and river access.
      Let's see if their work on site is as canny as their ad-writing.

      And right next door to is the new DLR intervention shaft. Let's please
      ensure that the Arsenal path/bike route stays open throughout those works.

      Barry
      who needed a blast at 5pm tonight so left Woolwich and went home via the
      ferry, Limehouse Link (naughty), Tower Bridge and Jamaica Road and pushed
      it.
      distance: 9.43 miles
      time: 35.02 minutes
      average speed: 16.1mph