11626FW: [lccbc] FRIDAY POST: 18th July

    Jul 18, 2014

      From: lccbc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lccbc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of 'Amy Summers' amy@... [lccbc]
      Sent: 18 July 2014 14:08
      To: Adrian Lauchlan; alex.ingram@...; alisondines@...; angela.hobsbaum@...; dr.adshah@...; austen.croydoncyclists@...; barkinganddagenham; barnet; Barnet Campaigns; bexley; stardustandrainbows@...; Board members; brent; brianjkemsleysmith@...; bromley; camden; charlie@...; Chris Mountain; City; Claire Wren; clare neely; Clive Gomes CO; coordinator@...; croydon; me@...; dvlaeva@...; ealing; enfield; Eve Evans; f.renton@...; greenwich; hackney; hammersmithandfulham; haringey; harrow; havering; hillingdon; hounslow; Hugh Morgan >; islington; Jeremy Parker; John Ackers; johnhackers@...; jon.irwin@...; Jordan Walker ; kate.charteris@...; Keith MacFarlane; kensingtonandchelsea; Kerena Fussell; kingston; kristian.gregory@...; lambeth; Lambeth Cyclists; lcc-issues@yahoogroups.com; lccbc@yahoogroups.com; lcc-cams@yahoogroups.com; lewisham; louisekoldfield@...; Melanie Grech; merton; michaelcstock@...; newham; Nick Fletcher CO; Nick Manthorpe; Office Team; Paola Di Giancroce ; paopag11@...; Redbridge; Richard Walter; richmond; Richmond Group; Robert Heywood; Roger Kingsnorth CO Enfield; sem@...; southwark; Stephen Craven; Steve Ayres; Steven Edwards; sutton; terence.hughes@...; Toby Jacobs; Tom Major; towerhamlets; trisha@...; Volunteers; walthamforest; wandsworth; westminster
      Subject: [lccbc] FRIDAY POST: 18th July

      Hi everyone,

      Thanks to those who joined us on Tuesday for the LG Forum meeting. We had a useful discussion and I’ll share the notes round very soon.

      We’re still in need of some volunteers for Ride London, in various roles, if you know anyone who can help? Registration for the led rides is also now open, see below. Please do share and promote the links with your mailing lists.

      Please do keep an eye out for emails from Charlie G in the office about Ride London; he needs the names of marshals in particular and also needs to know if you are struggling to find enough volunteers. We have a limited number of marshals to allocate to those boroughs who need them, so need to know ASAP if you think you will need some help from us / some extra marshals so we can organise accordingly.

      We’re now getting emails back from councillors in response to an email sent to all councillors from Ashok on Monday. I’m working through them at the moment and will be forwarding on any relevant communications to you to follow up etc. Please do keep an eye out for them.

      Have a nice weekend!

      Best wishes,

      Amy and the London Cycling Campaign Team

      PS. Check out the updated map site now with elected councillors listed: http://action.space4cycling.org/

      On Monday, we emailed all newly elected councillors (from Ashok), welcoming them to the role. We used different text for those councillors who were supportive and those who weren’t, thanking  those who did support, and telling them we’re looking forward to progress / updates, and urging those who didn’t support , to do so, amongst other things. We’re also emailing those candidates who supported S4C, but weren’t elected. I am forwarding on any relevant responses from councillors to you to follow up. We’re getting a few more sign ups too, from people who perhaps didn’t read or receive emails from us before the election. I will forward those emails on to you to see any new supportive councillors, and the website will be updated too: http://action.space4cycling.org/

      REMINDER! RIDE LONDON – Saturday 9th / Sunday 10th August - Volunteers Needed!

      LCC still  need volunteers for other activities across the Ride London weekend. As a volunteer you’ll to be a part of this important event and raise money for LCC. More info http://lcc.org.uk/articles/prudential-ridelondon-2014-get-involved

      Ride 100 - Hampton Court Feeding Station – Sunday 10 August

      We need 40 volunteers to help give out food and water to the riders at the London Cycling Campaign stop on the Ride London 100. It is an early Sunday morning shift as it is the first pit stop on the 100 route but it is a great event to be part of. If you can spare 6 hours to help with the event then contact us at ridelondon@....

      London Cycling Campaign Stand – Green Park – Saturday & Sunday 9th / 10th August

      Volunteers needed to represent LCC and run cycling games on Saturday and Sunday. 4 hours shifts available. If interested, contact us at ridelondon@....

      All volunteers will receive a Ride London volunteer pack and LCC pin badge.

      Registration for the led rides is now open  - you can sign-up as part of the Freecycle registration

      Please forward the link to your mailing lists, local schools, community groups etc and share on your social media channels. There are rides form all boroughs except City and K&C

      Just a reminder to remember to add your events, such as group meetings, rides and activities on the LCC events page. By doing this, it means the event is an ‘official’ LCC event and is covered by LCC insurance should anything untoward happen. It also means that more people are able to search and find out what’s going on locally via the website. You  can register them here after you’ve registered with a profile on the website http://lcc.org.uk/events

      Campaign mapping site: http://action.space4cycling.org/

      ·         9th / 10th August – Ride London

      space for cycling

      Did you know that thanks to our supporters 43% of borough councillors
      support local measures to create Space for Cycling on their patch?
      And that Space for Cycling has majority support in over half of London's
      boroughs? Check whether your councillor is on board at